Friday, May 22, 2009

yesterday a woman blatantly came onto me- the attention was flattering but not reciprocal on my side. how does one communicate "you're just not my type" without deflating another's ego? because she was so brutally direct, i was direct with my answer, and she slinked away, a hint of woundedness in her voice. i was at the grocery store near my office this afternoon- i had gone in on a mission to find the saltiest, greasiest potato chips to fulfill my p.m.s. cravings, and the effing organic store did not carry any of such, giving me no choice but to select the salt and vinegar, low fat, air-puffed potato chips (tasteless)- and standing in the checkout line was a woman who literally made me almost lose my potato chips. she looked like ani difranco. i'm not exaggerating. the resemblance was uncanny. she was so cute and exuded this amazing ENRG and i thought to myself, "yes!" sadly, there was no way i could strike up conversation with this ani d. twin (and what would i even say?). she was ahead of me in line and walked out, disappearing into the parking lot, and i was left with my fantasies and the $3.00 bag of potato chips i could not stomach to eat.

No comments: