Thursday, August 20, 2009

s-t-r-e-s-s

i got my hair cut at a salon downtown and walked out a changed lady. it is a 1920ish inverted bob. with bangs. photo coming soon. it is amazing how a hair cut can entirely alter your world view. my "hair therapist" washed my hair with apple cider vinegar, a natural treatment to remove build-up, leaving my hair clean and shiny. she then gave me a head and neck massage. it was the best experience. we talked about art and how she considers herself a sculptress. i've been working in the writing sector for some time. it has not panned out and now i'm changing. what am i going to do? i would like to tutor more students and design gardens. no more corporate america. the move to tutoring full time feels a little frightening, but i'm now forced into this position. i don't have much time.

as for chicago, there is no telling when we will be going up there now. my grandmother was moved into hospice yesterday. she is probably going to die before i'm set to visit her. i've been pretty upset, tearing up left and right at random moments. i have had to face that i will never see her again alive, and that conversation on her birthday was probably the last time. she might completely surprise us and be living next weekend. but my aunts who are with say otherwise. she is fading out of this world fast.

No comments: