Sunday, March 1, 2009

next....

i should write my next book about the people i've dated; it would be comedy, tragedy, and erotica rolled into one. this weekend, it became apparent that my 2-week romance is going to be that, and probably nothing more.

i want to be with someone who is crazy about me and with whom i can have hours of stimulating conversation. i know what i want and i know what i do not want. sometimes it's not a match. you're in different places. you have conflicting priorities.

sadly i still miss my ex-girlfriend. i miss: the wonderful conversations, her touch, her kindness, so much more. i curse the heavens for not letting me have it my way. now, onto the next chapter of life. there will be others.

i've given up cigarettes 99 percent of the time. this afternoon i had a few with a friend sitting out at a table on the patio in the march wind and sun. perfect weather for the kite festival downtown. i so enjoyed the american spirit cigarettes, relaxing into the carefree smoke clouds. almost everyone i've talked to has had a rough week, frought with frustrations and miscommunication.

1 comment:

THE GRAMMARPHILE said...

I'm sorry the romance won't last as long as you hoped. At least you know, though. That's better than not knowing, I suppose. (I am still trying to get over a boy I haven't even SEEN since May, who calls/e-mails on occasion to tell me how much he still wants me, and then disappears. It kills me.)