Thursday, February 12, 2009

today i applied red lipstick to be different.

a new friend told me what miranda july said. "you have to make every art release of yours a big fucking deal." those might not be her words exactly. but you get the gist. no matter how small and insignificant your work may be to the rest of the world, you need to treat it as though it's major.

so. here is what i'm thinking: a party for the release of my poetry book at my favorite coffee house with a live band. announce it in the literature and gay place sections in the chronicle. just make it into this huge, ridiculous, crazy event with plenty of wine, people, and art.

when is it going to be released? that has been the question.

arrangements with my designer for the cover are still underway. i have to get the full stats from the print shop. and now i'm looking into adding photographs of my art into the book, which now brings about the possibility of needing some more time to make more paintings.

perhaps i should just have the release coincide with my 29th birthday in april.

some details need to be ironed out....

tomorrow night is the "my bloody valentine drag show" and then my "eff valentine's day or single's awareness night" fest. stay tuned for photos.

No comments: