Wednesday, September 23, 2009

D: How are you today, sweetpea?
Me: Feeling a little under the weather.
D: How come?
Me: Had a late night. Have work this afternoon. Not only is my butch ex-girlfriend femmed out in dresses, but I learned last night that she is dating a man.
D: Whoa. Surreal! I thought you said she was a lesbian.
Me: She is. She was. Bisexual now. I guess. She has never seriously dated men before in her life. I know deep down that it does not matter what she is wearing and the gender of the person she is involved with. She loves to play around with the illusion of gender, and I appreciated that about her. It just- is like- witnessing Ellen D. deciding to wear a mini skirt every day now and walking down the street with a boyfriend instead of Portia.
D: Yea.
Me: She has had some grand epiphany about her identity and I wish that epiphany were to include me. That is what this is really about. I wish she wanted to get back together with me or I wish we were still friends.

No comments: