Sunday, November 8, 2009

I never went out last night. My GBF was bound to his computer. He is working on his PhD in computer science. He is a computer nerd with the big glasses and crazy hair. "Being in the program is the worst decision of my life." He told me. "I wish we could go gay clubbing together like we used to." He has not been able to go to Ladies' Night with me since May because of the amount of schoolwork. I feel like I don't have a GBF anymore and I know he feels like school has taken over his life completely. A friend suggested that it might be time to find a second GBF. I did become friends with a darling gay boy over the summer who was extremely social, actually quite the partier, but he had to move out of state for graduate school and I was out of luck.

I brewed a pot of tea and drew out a business plan. Do you want to know more? I'm still playing around with the name of my company. I would like it to essentially be an art/design studio that provides landscape design, paintings for sale, and creative writing and art workshops for the community. I envision it being a real studio in a building someday. With a connected garden and coffee house! A website will have to suffice for the "studio" for the time being. The main draw will be the landscape design. I seriously need a website to advertise my services. Out of nowhere, a friend's boyfriend has offered to design the website for me. He said I can pay him something later on when I have more business. He used to whore himself out at corporations, and then he said fuck it, and became a musician who now works at a pizza place. He understands why I am doing what I'm doing. I went to this place to listen to him perform music. We split a slice of pizza and watched from a dark table under red lights.

It has been raining since this morning. The sky is gray and it is the perfect afternoon for drinking coffee and writing in a coffee house, which is precisely how I'm spending the afternoon. It feels a little scary to go out on a limb and START a business, but I can feel in my gut that it is the right choice. Inspiration for the name is coming from my favorite movie. But of course.

No comments: