Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Phone interview was this afternoon. I thought it went well, no, I would say better than almost any interview I've had in my life. I had smoked two cigarettes and drank two cups of strong coffee before the interview, part of my pre-interview ritual. I feel like my whole life is now hanging on what they decide. If these people extend a job offer, I would be moving to Portland NEXT MONTH. I would move there for this job in a heartbeat. Are you kidding me?! Alas, I have absolutely zero control over the situation from now on. I have already sent a thank you message. The rest is up to fate.

Am I meant to live in Portland or am I meant to stay in Austin? Ask the magic 8 ball. My friends are not happy about my possible exit [but happy for me], and I do not know a single soul in Portland. I do think that I need a serious change of landscape, new people, new coffee houses, new restaurants, new lady friends, a new community to explore, and a new horizon. Living in Portland would be a lovely change of pace and I have such a positive feeling about working for this company.

I hope for this change over my glass of pinot noir.

No comments: