Saturday, December 20, 2008

silver linings.`

the university people called last night. i was excited and then sensed the downward spiralling tone of her voice. they have decided to offer the position to someone else. thanks for calling, i said, and that was that. i was crushed to learn that i will not have work next month, however, things happen for a reason, right? it must not be the right position for me. i'm bound for something else. in the words of a barista who serves me coffee: "i have a feeling you're headed for greatness." thanks, L. i like how you think. :) when events are not going well in our lives, we have the power to look for the silver lining and to hold onto our inner peace. there is a great unknown in 2009. when will i be hired? where will that be? what will i be doing? who will i meet? socially, i'm making myself get out and go to lesbian gatherings and to some of the lesbian nights at bars around the city this year, determined to meet my next girlfriend somewhere along the path. i'll be writing about my adventures in the lesbian underground. in other news, my poetry book is still in the revision stage, and i feel like my whole life is one grand mess right now. -no work -no lover -no publication -no health insurance -no x-mas gifts for people this year. 2008 has been a challenging year. i'm counting down 'til the new year.

No comments: