Wednesday, December 31, 2008

good luck charm.

as i've written about before, my mom and i had a bad relationship for a good 25 years. she changed all of a sudden a year ago, and i've often wondered what had brought about this radical change in her attitude. there has been such a serious shift from negative to positive that it was as if someone had been slipping THC into her butter.

when she saw me yesterday, she said she wanted to give me a good luck charm. she handed over a blue marble stone with STRENGTH engraved in gold letters. "a friend of mine who died from breast cancer gave this to me, and eversince, good things have been happening."

she did not say who the friend was. she has never mentioned her before.

i held the cool, blue stone in the palm of my hand. sunlight glinted off the surface. i believe that this woman has had something serious to do with the changes in my mom this past year. i'm already grateful for her and profoundly saddened to know that her life was cut short by cancer.

we'll see what unfolds.....

i have a feeling that 2009 will be much better for all. cheers to the new year!!

No comments: