Tuesday, January 20, 2009

at last.

hours after obama's speech, i received a phone call. i have an interview for a copywriting/web position that my old boss recommended me for weeks ago. it took almost a month for this company to respond to my application, and i had almost forgotten about it, to be honest. after applying to 70 writing/editing related jobs, one tends to lose track. i have a positive feeling about it being a near perfect match and am waiting to find out which day i will interview. the last 4 weeks have been particularly rough. depressing. bleak. i've begun to feel lost. my dad said something sweet to me the other day. "m....don't let being out of work right now depress you. you deserve to have a good job. it will happen." i need to hear these positive affirmations. the day to day reality of being unemployed month upon month is hard to navigate. who i am is not wrapped up in what i do for a living. what is eating away at me is the loss of independence, the worries with money, being placed in a more powerless position, that i have to move out of my apartment in two months because it's too expensive, that i can't buy what i want, that i'm restricted, that i do not know what comes next.

No comments: